As the CO-ADAPT project is progressing to its end we will present in different posts the exploitable outcomes as the deliverables of the project through the Innovation Management process in the last two years. The Innovation management was an internal activity that aimed to monitor and control the process of creation of novel outcomes of strong impact. These have been deliverables of the project, such as new ideas, algorithms, concepts, methods, products, services, or applications that can be exploited through effective monitoring and controlling processes. Throughout the last two years consortium and bilateral workshops took place to define business canvases
The CO-ADAPT Innovation Management plan was based on procedures inspired on the European standard for innovation management, CEN/TS 16555-1, an innovation management system supported by interfaces and interactions between scientific and technological knowledge, knowledge about the organization and the market, as well as society as a whole.
With regards to the IP Management, the project has defined a strategy to address the ownership of foreground project deliverables and will enable the exploitation by the consortium and/or the future use by third parties, e.g. in the case of an open-source release for any of the projects’ developments.
To support connection to market stakeholders, a Technology Innovation Management table and an IPR Management List has been established to provide insight for early-stage creativity and on-going development, validation or design principles, and finally provide channels to support exploitation and dissemination of outputs.
In addition to that, the team created action points to ensure the reaching of each milestones with regards to the KPIs set each time. In addition, internal progress reports for the Coordinator and the General Assembly will be prepared frequently, according to the project outcomes and the needs of the project. The table columns are as follows:
1. Exploitable deliverables: List ideas, algorithms, concepts, methods, products, services or exploitable apps
2. IPR: Name the partner(s) who own the IPR of each of the deliverables in (1). In case of joint ownerships, the percentage of the ownership should be included too
3. SWOT analysis: Specification of the Strength – Weaknesses – Opportunities – Threats for each deliverable
4. Target user/market: Definition of the beneficiary of each deliverable
5. Execution plan: What will the next steps be
6. Dissemination level: Define the reach level of activities, e.g. international, European, national or local level
7. Assigned: Owner of the activity
8. Resources: Define the effort or budget required to carry out these activities
9. KPIs/metrics – Performance indicators on innovation strategy
The identified exploitable outcomes have been elaborated in terms of their business model and value proposition description using well known tools like the “The Business Model canvas” and the “The Value Proposition canvas” as follows into 1 overall outcome and 3 sub outcomes.
1. Co-adapt Framework
2. Conversational agent
3. Entity recommender
4. Adaptive assembly workstations with co-bots
Stay tuned to learn more in the next episodes